The Civic Day is a new initiative when civic societies across England invite people to celebrate their area and discover more about where they live. To celebrate Civic Day 2012 in Bristol, Bristol Civic Society are holding a photography competition in the city, with the theme I love Bristol because…
“We want to encourage members of the public to take a photo of their favourite building or open space in Bristol, and to send this to us. We believe that this will allow us to engage with a variety of people, from young to old. The outcome will be a visual catalogue of what people in Bristol feel it is important to improve or protect for future generations.”
The best of these photographs will be awarded prizes, based on creativity, imagination and originality. Photography Made Simple have kindly donated prizes of a one day photography course at Ashton Court for each category winner, and 1-2-1 tuition for the overall competition winner.
All entrants will have the opportunity for their photograph to be showcased at the Civic Day event, to be held at Bristol’s Bearpit in the city centre on Saturday 23 June. Members of the public are encouraged to come and view the photograph submissions, and to attend the event, where there will be many activities and stalls for people to enjoy.
Closing date: 16 June 2012
- The competition is open to individual interpretation
- Entries should be submitted with your name, the photograph title, your email address and telephone number.
- Entries should be submitted via Twitter, Facebook or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole owner of the copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in entries prior to submission.
- By entering the competition all entrants grant Bristol Civic Society the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on the Bristol Civic Society website and other promotional material.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Bristol Civic Society reserve the right to exclude entries from the competition at any time if it is believed an entrant has breached these rules.
- Bristol Civic Society reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage.